Thursday, March 08, 2007

In class today we reviewed the assignment and started writing. Many students didn't recall the 3-part thesis format or the Topical Inventions strategy for developing theses. I gave them the handout and told them to come visit me in my office hour for an explanation. In the meantime, develop the thesis sentence the way they have in the past.

A question came up on the suggested outline (see comment attached to midterm post). When I list "evidence" I am speaking of all evidence used, not just that from text. For an example of a completed outline come see me or ask me in class to show one to you. This form comes from Writing with a Thesis.

If you missed class today, your completed essay loses one entire grade point. For instance, if you earned an A, your penalty grade is a B, and so on.

If you have any questions call me on the cellular phone, or leave a comment with your email address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home