Monday, May 19, 2008

In the early class we started writing our skits for The Color Purple. I am inclined to let the extra assignment go and let the paper on Malcolm X's daughter be the final essay. We'll see how it looks when students post it. I am still working on questions. I asked students for suggestions, but I don't recall seeing any. I may be mistaken.

The second class had a great discussion on destiny and fate, choice and victimization. We read the essay and students are to post their response to the essay questions.

I will be around Tuesday, May 27, 9-12 in L-235 to help students with their portfolios. Our last meeting is this Thursday, May 22. I will be in the Writing Center tomorrow, May 20, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I will not be here after class Thursday, my friend, poet Reginald Lockett died last week and his funeral is 5/22 at 11 a.m. He was a great friend and a fine poet and man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home