Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today in class the 9-10 AM class completed half the Grammar Exam. We will spend a few minutes completing it Wednesday. The 8-9 AM class will do the exam tomorrow morning. You will have half an hour for the Grammar Exam 1 (8-9 AM class) and 20 minutes for the Synthetica essay. Bring the templates to class typed in an electronic form.

Check your sentences against the errors recap:

1. ". . . Ditch wanted to come with Camper and I . . ." (1).

2. "the General attacked two of the hill divers, Camper and
I . . ." (1).

3. ". . . Ditch was smarter than Camper and me . . ." (1).

4. "Me and Camper laughed . . ." (2).

5. "It was me . . . " (2).

6. "you are almost as pretty as her" (2).

7."[I]f the Pidd men, Sid and me, can do a little camping . . . (2).

The authors wanted me to give you the answers with ellipses, but I have confidence that you will write the answers correctly (smile).

For homework this weekend, review the sections in the SPHE Appendix on citations and signal phrases. The essay is due Wednesday, March 25, 2010 for peer review. Bring the essay in electronically. We will use Microsoft Comment (insert menu). The final draft is still due Friday, March 27 via email.

Look at SPHE pages 330 In-text Citations, 331 Common Parenthetical Citation Errors, 333 Ellipsis Marks: Omitting Parts of a Sentence, 335 Telling and then Showing, 336 The Quotation Sandwich, 356 Signal Phrase Structure: Simple vs. Complex, 357 Creating Context: A Writer’s Credentials and Title, and related exercises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home