Wednesday, December 07, 2011

COA Sabir English 1A Portfolio Checklist 2011 Final

This checklist can serve as the table of contents. Put a check next to the items to show inclusion in the portfolio. Use as the second page to the portfolio, after the cover sheet. Where there are questions for the section, students can post the answers to the narrative there. Number the pages with a header.

Name ______________________________
Date ______________________________
Class including class code and semester ____________________
Address _______________________________________
Phone number __________________________________
Email address__________________________________

40008 Lec 11:00-11:50 MTWTh Sabir C 211 Alameda
Class Meetings: August 22-Dec. 7; No classes: 9/5; 11/24

Final Exam: Friday, Dec.16, 12 noon (Portfolios due via e-mail to coasabirenglish1A@gmail.com. There is no sitting exam.)

Dec. 7 12 noon to 2 p.m.
Drop-in Portfolio assembly workshop in A-205 _______________

Portfolio Due Date
Portfolios due by Friday, Dec. 16, 2011, 12 Noon electronically. Make sure you receive a receipt for your submission. No paper copies, no exceptions.

Grade Justification
What grade do you think you've earned this semester? What evidence supports this conclusion?

1. Portfolio Essay 1 Reflection on COA Fall 2011, Professor Sabir’s English Class_______

2. Portfolio Essay 2 Reflection on revision process__________________

3. Stewart Pidd Hates English Section:

The Stewart Pidd Experience Essay _________
Multiple Choice Exam Essay Analysis 2 essay _________

Social Entrepreneur Portfolio

Planning _____________

Library Research sheet _______________(if you did it)
List of sources (5) minimum in MLA format (post here)

Essay: Planning Sheet, Outline, Thesis__________
First Draft (peer review)__________
Final Draft Grade ______________
Revisions (How many?)_____________
Pidd type essay ________________ or narrative ____________

SE Presentation date ___________
Self-reflection __________
Classmate responses __________

Cyber-Assignments:
Frontline World ___________
Muhammad Yunus ___________
Extreme Tour Oct. 7, 2011 (Extra Credit)____________


Nature vs. Nurture Portfolio

Book: Afeni Shakur: Evolution of a Revolutionary by Jasmine Guy
First Graded Draft __________
Revisions (How many?) _________
Correction Essays How Many?____________
Planning ___________
Peer Review _________
Related Cyber-Assignments _________


Hip Hop Portfolio: Dyson, Tupac, Hurt

Michael Erik Dyson: Holler If You Hear Me: Searching for Tupac Shakur
Cyber-Assignments (How many?) ___________
Byron Hurt’s “Hip Hop Beyond Beats and Rhymes” Essay__________
Planning _________
Revisions (How many?) ________
Correction Essays (How many?) ___________

Cyber-Assignments connected to Hurt_________


The Rose that Grew from Concrete Assignments

Cyber-Assignments (How many?) _________
Tupac-related cyber-assignments such as freewrites connected to songs (how many?)

Include the McCall assignment and the assignment on Censorship (handout) _______


Freewrites Type and Include here _________

Semester Cyber-assignments

Any cyber-assignments not connected to the two books or social entrepreneur essay, give another heading and post here. Some of these are connected to the other assignments. Put them there. Do not post twice.

Extra Credit Essay: Students can turn in a graded essay from another course if the other teacher doesn’t mind. It has to use research and MLA style documentation, so certain courses are not applicable.

Anything else? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________


Teacher research

Can I use your work in presentations and publications? Would you like to be anonymous? If I plan on using your essays or work in a book, I will let you know and share any proceeds.

Yes, I agree.
No, do not use my work.

Final Grade
Portfolio checklist _____________
Portfolio Essay 1_______________
Portfolio Essay 2_______________
Portfolio Grade_________

Course Grade_________

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From: Hoan Vu
To: Professor Wanda Sabir
Class: English 1A
Date: 25 January 2012
Re: Thinker memo essay

What kind of thinker I am? Well I am not much of a thinker, I don’t think a lot, and I prefer to be that way. I think from time to time when I need to. Most of my thinkings are relate to the immediate problem that I was facing, in another word I only think when I need to think. But most of the time when I do think, I will try my best to think and come up with a few options, and then chose the best one. I am not hamster thinker, some time I think inside the box and some time I think outside the box.

I am not a hamster thinker. I don’t think about any subject in a circle, most of the time, I think in a straight line or in steps. I think to get out of the circle When I think in a straight line, I think through to move on and think of what would be the next logical step. I think of what if this happen? What would be my next move and so on.

Sometimes I think inside the box and did not realized until much later. On some subject, I can’t think beyond the perimeter of the subject itself and end up thinking the same thing over and over. Did not come up with a solution or a bad one, and when I come back to think about it, I was telling myself, if I was thinking straight earlier, I would do this instead of that. Some times I do think outside of the box. I would just simply forget what I support to think about, and think of different things but relate to the subject, most of the times I end up going nowhere, but sometimes I came up with an unexpected result. Thinking outside of the box was always harder for me, but it gave me an opportunity to explored and view the subject in a different perspective.

Thinking is not one of my favorite activities, I only think when I have to, but when I think, I want to come up with a solution for my problem. Unlike my dad, I am not much of a thinker, but a doer instead. Everyone has to think from time to time, and there is no exception for me. My thinking style is think in a straight line or in steps, and I always try to think in a logical way.

2:48 PM  
Blogger CHEAPTAP.CO.UK -- Enjoy the water, enjoy your life! said...

Good Kitchen Sink Taps valve switch freely, while the use of Cheap Taps is not too loose or too tight; handle position, shape to be convenient to open and Waterfall Taps, that the use of the back can easily operate.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home