Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Today in class we completed the Tupac/Biggie film. A student in my English 1B class said it is on-line. I'll post the URL once she sends it to me. I found a link to the Legacy of Torture video that works and have posted it where the other was (10/15). You can watch it and do the assignment now. Thursday, October 25, at the Oakland Asian Cultural Center, 388 9th Street, Oakland, there will be a panel about the Black Panther Party from 6:30 to 9 p.m.

Visit http://alpha.dickinson.edu/oha/pdf/2007finalprogram.pdf. There might be other programs your like to attend, such as the workshop on Stanley "Tookie" Williams on Saturday, October 27.

I encourage you to attend. I plan on attending it. If you want to attend a plenary or any other session at the Oral History Conference, the workshops are free. Mention Dr. Curtis Austin if you have any trouble; he said the community could attend the workshops without cost.

In class today we also talked about the Elements of Style reading. We got stuck on restrictive clauses and commas (3). I am still not clear on whether we treat "Jr." as a title and set it off like a parenthetical as Latrice suggested.
(10/22 homework is to be posted at 10/22. It's up now.)

Homework is to develop an Initial Plan (from worksheet)for the midterm essay. You need to choose one question and respond in a 3-5 page essay. Your main source is Dyson. I want three citations from his book: 1 block quote, 1 paraphrase, and a shorter citation. Students should also cite Tupac's work.

You need to have a works cited page and a bibliography. For teh bibliography I want students to read a scholarly article that relates to your essay topic. You can read one of the sources Dyson cites in his notes and/or bibliography. Bring the article to the Writing Center (L-234) on Thursday, October 25.

Also bring your notes and of course all your books. Your essay is due Monday, October 29. We will meet in the library, where I will take your essay on a disk. The book store sells disks.

What else?

Jay showed the Dave Chappell skit on Tupac. It was funny.

Mark your calendars

We have another library visit October 31. Meet in the library with Steve Gerstle.
I also gave students a check list for all your work this semester. If I forgot something please let me know. Assign a grade next to the assignment.


Late work
I am accepting late assignments for the next three weeks or through November 12. This includes blog assignments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi professor, I wanna be your student. how I can admit. I am following now: http://www.mbadiss.com/services/mba-dissertation-editing-proofreading-services/. I wanna also follow you. please let me know. thanks

12:32 AM  
Blogger Taymour said...

People have been said that the pa program of the Missouri University is really perfect and you can check here https://www.buycustomessays.net/our-custom-essay-writing-service/ to get their program here and make it more useful.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Velva Block said...

On the off chance that we can utilize cell phone this is basically a consequence of direction an uneducated individual can't utilize pushed cell even, I think https://www.characterletter.com/our-services/character-reference-letter-for-a-friend/ is sufficient to outline the criticalness of getting ready. in context of setting we up can go from one a player on the planet to the second part to aggregate things up time with the assistance of plane.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Darlene Glidewell said...

The school life is particularly indispensable for an understudy in lighting up calling as in school life an understudy ends up being to an unfathomable view more degree make and certifiable about the possible fate of life. it is fundamental for the understudies to be dead real about the welfare of the country later on.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home