Friday, February 29, 2008
















Sonny's Blues
Last night nine COA students and friends went to see the Lorraine Hansberry and Word for Word production, of James Baldwin's "Sonny's Blues," which has been extended through next week. We stopped at Lori's dinner on Powell first for dinner and then walked up to the theatre for a marvelous production. Afterwards several of us stayed for the conversation with the actors and director of Word for Word, Susan Harlow. Susan then gave me a copy of a collection of Baldwin's stories which includes Sonny's Blues. I will make copies of the story available to any students who'd like a copy.

I videotaped the artist talk, but don't know how to upload it. When I do, I will give you the link to it. As we walked up the street, I couldn't resist a shot of a store window selling beauty :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. It seems like the whole trip was a lot of fun. I wish I had time to go; anyway maybe next time.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home