Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today in the 9-9:50 a.m. class we shared stories about women who inspire us, as well as poetry about the power that is women and girls. Three students shared poetry, Khin's was an original poem. Manny shared a song about choices and Miguel shared a story about a martial artist whose form is about discarding the form. Philosophical and interesting.

I shared a piece I wrote about the women I visited behind bars last week at California Correctional Women's Facility in Chowchilla, CA.  I am on the board for the California Coalition for Women's Prisoners. We do advocacy visits. I also shared a photo of my younger daughter, my mom and me (smile). See womenprisoners.org

Thanks for sharing today and to the students who shared yesterday in the other two English 1As. We didn't get to everyone in the 4-6 p.m. class. Please bring your objects, PowerPoint presentations, songs, etc. April 1 and April 3.

We will give you time to share then. Have a great Spring Holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home