Thursday, August 29, 2013

Recap for Thursday, August 29

Today in class we reviewed paraphrasing, summarizing and reading critically. We compared the various authors we have studied so far as we looked at the checklist on page eight (8) in 50 Essays. We also reviewed the Initial Planning Sheet which reflects in many ways the concepts explored in more depth in 50 Essays. We talked about the difference between summarizing and analytical reading (Hacker).

Homework for this class and all other classes is again to choose 2 questions from the reading to comment on in a short response, let's say about three paragraphs each. use a direct quote and a free paraphrase in each response. If you are unclear, check Hacker.

Many students left class today without submitting their response the King speech. If you were one of these students, make sure you give the assignment to me Tuesday. You also have the option of emailing it to me. Some of the responses were excellent. If you would like to share your response to the reading with classmates, post at the link I have submitted with such heading. If you want to use your student ID instead of your name, that is fine, for all posts. Just make sure you submit it to me with your name added.
 
Many students post assignments and then later email me and ask me to remove their comments. Using Student ID numbers would eliminate such tasks.  Again, if you post using your Student ID, this means that you will have to email me all your posts as well, so you will get credit for them.

If you don't want to be anonymous, then use your name.

I am sitting in A-205 and no one has come, if next week is like today, I might cancel the Writing Workshops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home