Thursday, May 17, 2007

We had a great final meeting today. Monday, May 21, from 12-2 p.m. I'll be available in L-235 for a study session with students who want to work on their portfolios here. Please bring copies of an abstract for your classmates for the Wednesday, May 23, 8-10 a.m. final presentations. We will meet in L-235. If you have technology needs please call me or shoot me an email. I will be here everyday next week.

I think I will keep my office hours: 10:30-12. Thursday, I will be grading portfolios. Make certain I have your contact information: Name, address, email, phone number. Sometimes when I'm reading I have questions and when there is a number, I call.

I mailed essays to students this afternoon that you probably forgot your wrote. These would be perfect to site as examples in your second essay. I'm speaking
of The Making of a Criminal, Eros, Philia and Agape, MLK III, and the King Holiday Reflection.

Abstract
The check-list is to handout prior to the presentation, which should be about 5 minutes. Please rehearse in advance. Answer the following questions: Who is your social entrepreneur? Why was s/he moved to change something in society or what was the problem? What was the solution? What are the measurable outcomes?

Library in Ethiopia
Camille Hopkins, Students Services Coordinator, F-Building, (510)748-2280, is sending books to supply a library in East Africa. She wanted me to ask everyone if you had any books you could donate to the effort. You can take them by her office. She is located in the same place where you get your student ID cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home