Monday, March 03, 2008

Today in class we completed the "beauty for sale" assignment. Rudy shared a photo he took from a plane of a sunrise. Ali shared a cosmetic product supposedly good for acne, and Nadia shared an ad for a lip stick product. Deon, as usual and Angel spoke of the products merits. Deon had seen the model in the cosmetic ad in person while in New York. He said she really was as beautiful as the photo. He did agree, though, with me that even so, she wasn't as perfect as the photo. I said technology had removed her flaws, however slight.

We'll have conferences tomorrow and Wednesday. Students gave me guidelines on what they'd like me to look for and comment on in their writing when we get together this week.

On Thursday, we are supposed to go to a play; however, the Women of Color Resource Center is hosting a great program at the First Congregational Church Thursday and I want to attend that show. It is at 7, I think. could we attend the play at The Marsh another day, like Saturday? Let me know.

Homework is to develop an essay plan for your Alice Walker: A Life essay. Chose a theme. Bring the plans to class. Tomorrow we were going to watch a film. It's either that or an opportunity to develop an outline for your essay due next Tuesday, March 11.

We also looked at argumentation. I have copies of the Hacker chapter on this in the bin at L-236. Pick up a copy if you don't have the book. Read it and respond to the questions. We'll talk more about this later.

I handed out an essay: Propaganda Techniques. It is a Cyber-Essay due Thursday. I think, I'll have students work on this in the 8-9 AM class while I conduct the conferences. We'll see how things go tomorrow or I might still show the film.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kakk said...

I am in your beauty for sale. I actually Looking for ghost writing dissertation but I know you cant help me. but I am searching. I just come in your site automatically by Google.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Andersone said...

I am reading : http://www.appealletter.biz/writing-appeal-letter-college/. once I clicked in the page. I just redirected to your page. how it happened?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Raisa joly said...

hi I am following the Propaganda Techniques if you want please Go here. I am new, If you have any suggestion for me please give me. thanks

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home