Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Monday, August 31, I passed out a package of Tupac lyrics to augment the music I'll be playing this semester. We listened to: Words of Wisdom (8/31)and So Many Tears (9/1). One of your classmate's brother was shot last Thursday afternoon. He was 21 years old. We want to offer her our condolences. We looked at themes and for the thesis and discussed the evidence which proved it.

Many of you told me financial aide was late, so I passed out copies of the introduction to Holler; however, search for a copy in the public library system. As the librarians to buy a few copies of the book for the reserve shelf at COA. Professor David Sparks is your man, but any librarian at the reference desk can help you.

We worked on the paraphrasing exercises yesterday and today students told me they completed the exercises, so we moved on to Chapter 1 in Pidd: "Confused Words." We did pages 14-15. Homework is to do the exercises from page 2 forward. When you get to Sentence Punctuation, keep going. The goal is to get to Essay 1 next week. We want to finish the book in six weeks, by early October, so that you have most of October to present and do research for your final essay due early November.

Check back Wednesday for the syllabus, which I will post. I want each of you to respond in comments after you read it. This will be a graded assignment. Let me know if there are any questions. I want to be clear.

I will create a separate link for the paraphrases due in the morning. Post them after class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home