Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The post that I was writing this morning didn't save and now I am trying to remember what we did this morning in the 8-8:50 class. Oh yes, we wrote a reflection on "Love and tangible manifestations of love in our lives."

Then, in the early class we reviewed Essay 1: Sentence Punctuation. In the later class we watched The New Heroes video. The assignment is in a previous post.

Students in the later class seemed perplexed or confused about Essay 1. I don't understand why, when no one asked any questions when we reviewed the essay Monday and last week. SPHE is not intuitive, it's prescriptive, which means you need to follow instructions exactly and don't skip any exercises, otherwise you will get lost.

One student said she didn't know what we were doing. The letter I wrote you a month ago states what we are doing, completing SPHE in six weeks, I think we're behind; it might take 8 weeks, but I hope I'm wrong. Essay 1 is due tomorrow morning. Bring it in typed for peer review.

The final draft is due by Monday, Feb. 15. Email it to me. We will respond with grades and comments. These essays are credit/no credit with comments. Do not get behind.

Type the essay in advance for Thursday and bring it with you in an electronic form. The essay needs to be perfect--I'm not kidding. It's not hard, just pay attention to the details.

For those looking for a little edification
Martin Luther King III is in town Feb. 16 at the San Francisco Jewish Community Center. Eve Ensler is in Berkeley, Thursday, Feb. 18, 7 PM at King Middle School. I trying to go to both, let me know if you want to join me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where should we post the love assignment.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Interchange said...

Oh, you mean the freewrite? I will create a post for it.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Arely R. said...

Arely Razo
Pofessor Sabir
English 1A
10 February 2010
Freewrite: What is love? When do you think about love? What tangible imagery comes to mind?
I think that love is when you want to be with someone because you feel that they are the right one for you. You don’t want to talk to no other guy and cant see yourself with anyone else. You feel like all you do is think about them. When you are with that person you feel all happy and as if you have butterflies in your stomach. Sometimes you start thinking about them without even realizing it. There are different types of love. The love that one feels for family, friends or a guy. I pretty much think about love all the time. I think that it is something important to have in life. When I think of love couples or hearts come to mind. I think of my boyfriend.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home