Saturday, May 03, 2014

Today in class students did peer reviews on each other's Essay 2. I read the essays as well and gave free advice (smile).

Essays are due ASAP, Monday-Tuesday is good. I want to commend Yessica on her essay, it was excellent. I really like the books students chose. All the books have protagonists who deal with difficult topics with grace. I am looking forward to the book talks Saturday, May 10, 2014 in class. Bring your books. If you want to prepare a poster or powerpoint you can.

Also due next week are the 5-10 sources for the third essay in MLA format. Students were taught a new thesis sentence form, bring three potential sentences to class on your topic. Also use the back of the worksheet for your outline for this paper.

We read the essay on Muhammad Yunus and watched a New Heroes video from Youtube on him as well. This is a model for the third essay. The third essay is your final. It is the essay where you demonstrate your grasp of MLA and research scholarship. Each essay is building towards this final paper.

There were also handouts on Revision from Writing with a Thesis. We also went over the cyber-assignments not many students are completing. Make sure you read They Say, I Say. This coming week we are completing the final chapters: 8, 9 and 10. I will post the specific assignments later. Use these moves in the final essay. Each essay used specifics moves based on where we were at the time of the writing.

If you have been absent, call me or come to my Tuesday evening class, A-205, 6 p.m. We only have two more meeting left. Your final portfolio is due into me by Saturday, May 24, 2014.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home