Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today we began with Literature Circles. I loved walking around listening to the conversations students were engaged in. We then shifted to Pidd Essay 1: Sentence Punctuation. Students completed Peer Reviews for each other's work and then filled out a Proofreading Checklist to hand in with the Peer Review. Essays are to be emailed to me: coasabirenglish1A@gmail.com

In the Peer Review I asked students to add a narrative justifying the grade. It can be a few sentences long. Please hand in the peer reviews before you email me, so if that is today, now or Monday, on Monday.

Keep it until you are ready to submit it. Paste the essay and attach it. Indicate the assignment and the class time.

Homework is to keep reading in Half, and to keep doing exercises in Pidd. The next chapter is Pronoun Agreement.

Monday we will reflect on Love. For extra credit students can bring in an object that represents love to share.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shameiko Porter
Professor Sabir
English 1A 8-8:50am
14 february 2011

Today we had extra credit, the assignment was to bring in something that represents love. I shared that over the weekend my girlfriend tattooed my name on her, it was the best surprise ever. The tattoo represented our love for eachother, the first love, the first moments of happiness and an everlasting bond, it symbolizes our past, present and future together.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tyrone jackson
professor wanda
english1a
2/14/11

today in class i brought a hat with the symbol rest in peace ducky on the back of the hat. the hat represents me in away where only i can feel what it stand for. my friend was killed in a drive by shooting we was sitting in his car in front of his grandma house and they rolled up on us shooting. i was hit but ducky didnt get that lucky, so everyday i tell the lord thank you, i look at life different and the moves i make in life is different. this really made me open my eyes, this incident not only represents me but have changed my life.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home