Thursday, May 05, 2011

Today we reviewed the following:

1. Revisions for HTS and the Book Report essay. Students met with me to review comments. In the future, ask me sooner, I am reading a lot of essays and if you wait a long time to get back to me, I might not remember all the details. Also students were not opening my attachments which are easier to read than Microsoft comments as footnotes.

Believe it or not, there are still students who have not gotten their essays into me, I am talking about first drafts. Do not wait on me to call you. If the essays are not in and you plan to complete the class you must complete them before the SE essay is turned in. I have extended the due date for those who need it to next Wednesday, May 11, 2011.

In my second class, students have completed their SE essay. Presentations are now scheduled for the final week of class: Monday-Tuesday, May 16-17, 2011. We can probably get through them in one meeting. Let me know if you need technology next week.

If you have completed your essays already, you can send them to me by Tuesday, May 10, 2011. This will give students time to get help in the Tutoring Center. Get your tutor to give you a receipt --electronic is best, but we'll take paper (smile). The final draft is due for the rest of the students (those who needed more time, Wednesday-Thursday, May 12-13).

The essays are due into me by Thursday, May 13, 2011, 12 noon.

2. SPHE-Complete the PS essay templates and SV AGR essay templates as well. We will complete these two essays next week, along with Grammar Exam 2. Review all the chapters for this exam: Possessives, Parallel STR., SV AGR.

3. SE essay, share with classmates: outline, planning, drafts

4. If you plan to make a presentation as a group, let me know and give me the abstract with all the student names listed. Also plan to give classmates a copy as well.

5. For those students who have completed the SE essays, we will work on the portfolio essays in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home