Thursday, April 04, 2013

For the past week we have been revising the essay based on a topic taken from THP. I have been encouraged by many of the scholarly takes on Gretchen Rubin book. The essays are due in class on Monday, April 8, 2013.

For all classes except the 9-9:50 class, we will assemble the essay portfolio together. For teh 9-9:50 class, I want you to assemble it at home and bring camera ready or ready to email to me.

I will approve the Essay Portfolio first and then ask you to email it to me in class. For the remainder of class on Monday, April 8, 2013, we will share our books we have chosen for the Book Report essay. Bring the book, not a photograph, to class. Be prepared to tell us how it satisfies the assignment. The assignment is to chose a book by or about a happy person.

Lastly, in the MW classes we will talk about the Social Entrepreneur essay and start that research process by watching a short video on a SE.

Today in the 9-9:50 class we ended by talking about Martin King Jr. and his notion of the Beloved Community. I shared the post at the Martin Luther King Center in Georgia. Students then wrote freewrites on the topic. Here is a link to the website that speaks to the topic: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-philosophy

Please send those comments to me. Right now, the comment section is for members only. I have to add everyone's name to the blog and have not done so yet.

We didn't get to the freewrite. We will write it on Monday, April 8, 2013.

I also mentioned to students an event this evening at UC Berkeley's Zellerbach Hall: East Bay Meditation Center presents: The Dream Never Dies. It is at 7 p.m. The website is http://www.eastbaymeditation.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home