Monday, March 10, 2008

Today in the early class we watched the film Murder in Mississippi about the three Civil Rights workers who were murdered. As we watched the film, students came in a spoke to me about their papers and other writing. I hope all of you will make a point of talking to me about an essay, if not all of your work before your essay is due Thursday, March 12. Some students in the later class asked if I could give them another day to write. So the 9-10 a.m. class will meet in the Writing Center Wednesday, March 11, at 9 a.m. to post their essays and respond to each other's using Microsoft Comment. Tomorrow we will complete our collaborative essay on Womanism vs. Feminism. I'll post it tomorrow after class here. Final drafts of essays are still due Thursday, March 12. If you haven't finished the book and need more time, I'll accept essays up to Monday, March 17. After this, you need to talk to me.

Remember, you are turning in your essays on a disk or jump drive. If you don't have disk drives, you can copy it onto one here in the Writing Center. The bookstore sells disks. For those who are strapped for cash, I have disks I can give you for the semester's work.

I enjoyed reading the responses to McClintock. Don't forget to post your Walker essays at the post below tomorrow if it's finished and your like feedback in class.

Someone asked me about extra credit. Extra credit is fine, but it won't take the place of the essays attached to books: Alice Walker: A Life; The Color Purple; and The Fire Next Time, Letters from Mississippi. All it can do is replace some of the cyber-assignments or essays responses.

Midterm
We'll have a midterm next week--a parting present:-) We'll write it in class Thursday, March 20. You'll have 50 minutes to write a 500 word essay. There will be no makeups and no revisions. I will give your grades immediately via email. You will submit the essays on a disk. The topic will be connected to one of our books, probably Baldwin. If you don't have the book, the essay is on-line, make a copy of it. I am not. I will show you the film on Argumentation next week, and Revision Strategies.

When you get back from Spring Break (3/24-30), we'll talk about the research project, which will look at art as activism, something I think Alice Walker's life exemplifies. I'd like students to look for an artist, preferably living in Northern California, who is using art as a social change medium. It can be any art form: visual arts which includes film and photography, performance arts, or literary arts. It would be great if this person has been doing the work for minimally 10 years, 20 is better, 5 is okay.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabroo said...

I am finding this serial number last two weeks because my serial number is expire now update it. Now this serial number is also post in http://www.mbadiss.com/our-services/mba-thesis-on-training-and-development/ legit website maybe other users are need this.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Gabroo said...

An early class is watched and regulated for the success o the partners of the field. The visitors of the https://www.domyessay.biz/do-my-essay-services/write-my-essay-service/ are don for the humans. It has been consumed for the fitness and all elevated teems for the people.

12:35 PM  
Blogger mikon said...

You need to write what you have in your mind and this is the real world where you have to write and read according to the situations from the http://www.thesispresentation.com/our-services/ so others can also understand what you have in your mind.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home