Monday, October 27, 2008

Today we began presentations, Derek the sole presenter. Tomorrow we have four students presenting, Thursday, everyone else. We are not presenting chronologically because students are not prepared.

I hope you are thinking about your woman in hip hop you'd like to profile for the research essay. If you can't think of anyone I can make suggestions: Aya de Leon, Favianna Rodriguez, Anita Johnson, Dawn Elisa ....

Wednesday's class is cancelled. You will have a cyber assignment that day probably connected to "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" or Dyson.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tasby, Matthew
10-28-08
Caprice’s presentation
I liked the presentation due to the fact that Caprice included a lot of details about the people involved in that era. There also seemed to be a demeanor with her presentation that implied that she, herself, had remembered the time in which these events occurred. I also really enjoyed the music that was included.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Khalid Arghandiwal
Eng 1A
capric's presentation
I think capric’s presentation today was really good, I thought she did a fantastic job showing us the keyplayers from her loop. She well organized on what she wanted to present to the class. I like the africa bambata music she presented to us. I liked the way her presentations begin by introducing us to dj kool herc. Overall her presentation was good.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chesi Brown
English 1A
Response to Presentation:

The presentation were all very detail and interesting. Each individual helped my me understand a little bit more about the hip-hop movement.Derek is one of my favorites not because he is always there for me, but because he extremely intelligent and he can deliver a message like know other.he made my assumtion on the 70's very clear. he gave fact on strong opoions.I just want to say thank you and I appreciate everything.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home