Monday, February 23, 2009

Absence
Keep reading Dreams and moving forward in Pidd. You should be up to page 86. If you want to identify the errors in Jimmy Dent's essay, by all means do so. You'll note that it is much longer.

I still hope to write a draft of Essay 2, Thursday. We shall see.

Field Trip
Re: For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf, at Black Rep, 3201 Adeline Street, in Berkeley, closes this weekend. Saturday, Feb. 28, is an option. The shows are 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. If we get 20 students, tickets are $15 each. I'd like to attend the matinee on Saturday, but if more of you can attend the Sunday then I will attend that show also. Tickets are $15 to $44.

Sunday, March 1, there is a 4 p.m. show. Group rates tickets are $15 without a meal. I need to check the price for tickets that include the Champagne Dinner. The playwright will be here this weekend, so you can meet her and she will sign your books. She will be speaking on Sunday, March 1.

Let me know Wednesday if you can make the Saturday or Sunday and how many tickets you need.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca Evans eng 1a 9-10 2/24/09

I would love to see the play on sunday, march 1st 4:00 not for dinner though, I need one ticket, i will bring $15 dollars on wednesday!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Sunday March 1st for me too. I have to work on Saturdays.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go on sunday as well, are we going as a class or just individually ???


Nely Ruiz

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not be able to make it on sunday...have fun!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home