Monday, April 27, 2009

Many of you have not been to see me at all this semester. The successful student is one who checks in with the professor often during the semester. You cannot get everything in class, although class attendance is important. We didn't get to review all the assignments today. I'll give you the check-lists at the next meeting. I forgot to return papers to a few students. I will be in my office tomorrow for an hour (L-234), if you'd like to come by and pick up work.

Late work
I will not accept first drafts of any late Pidd assignments, I'm speaking of Essays: 1, 2, 3, and the midterm after 5/4. You have 1 week to get revisions into me. The in-class essays (we have two left, cannot be made up, even if we start in class and then complete them at home unless arranged in advance.)


Obama essays
I read some great essays today in class. I'd like Rebecca, Bianca, Hassan, Andre, and Anthony to post their essays, second graded drafts with a narrative as to what changed between the first and second draft. Include your outlines and planning sheets.

Oh, I forgot to emphasize this step in the revision process: reflection. Delineate what you did to justify a second read and new grade.

I was looking through Pidd and found a useful section on Signal Phrases on pages 347-366; 346-347, also Telling and then Showing 326-329. Complete and we can go over on Wednesday, April 29.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home