Wednesday, October 09, 2013

I appreciate everyone's patience. I am still in Southern California, but I will be leaving headed back up Hwy. 101 soon.

If by any chance you received your essay back this week you have 1 week to get it back to me. If you have not received a grade, then check your email and send me one from the essay telling me so.

Many essays were recaps of the myth of Rosa Parks. As you know, the whole point of the writing exercise was to show a Mrs. Parks hidden by a gendered, mythologized version of her life and story. If you wrote the "canned" story, then I probably sent it back with a C- or a No Credit.

Other students submitted really rough drafts. Too many errors in syntax, and sometimes form and other times logic. If this is your best writing, be thankful that we have tutors available free of charge in the Writing Center. Tutors at Laney and Merritt and Berkeley City are also available--so don't fret. Help is available.

This is the only essay where I will give such detailed comments line by line. For the next essay. I will give overall comments and perhaps give in-text comments on one paragraph if such is needed.  Of course, if a student comes to my office hours or workshop, we can review your writing together, but I am not an editor.

I can help with developing ideas, the form and shape of an essay, check thesis sentences, MLA citation assistance, revision support, and provide direction on where to locate resources for grammar and other writing needs, which I have here on the blog. Ultimately, each of you knows where you are weak. If you still have questions, let's sit down and clarify it for you.

I have not disappeared any links, and I think I will leave them up. If you missed the deadlines, do not submit assignments after the date. I will not read them.

If you had a problem submitting your assignments on the website, and emailed them to me, we are fine. Don't worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home