Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's presentations were outstanding! Congratulations to everyone for completing the course. Now for the hard part ... no, the portfolios should be easy. I am still at the college. It's 7:10 PM and I have an engagement at 7:30 PM in Berkeley. I was able to see many students today and was pleased at the growth in their writing over the course of the semester.

I am looking forward to conferring high marks on each of you who have committed him or herself to excellence. I'll have the checklist up sometime before sunrise (smile). I have to run now. The checklist will follow the assignment sheet I gave students over a month ago.

Again, congratulations! I was kind of worried on my way to work this morning, thinking about the papers I waded through just a day ago. One student told me that he gave me a fast draft and when he looked at it, he realized it could have been a lot better. His social entrepreneur essay was an A without a revision. It was that good.

Keep impressing me.


Oh, the Pidd treatment essays are great. I really like Alex's, Cristian's, also Leonardo's and Nseke's. These essays are your finals on Pidd.

The presentations kept getting better and better. Remember, the SE essay is about the person, so if you focused too much on the organization, you will have to revise it to meet the assignment.

Only two students who profiled men asked me in advance, the one student who didn't had compelling enough reasons for me to let it slide (enough to not make him write the essay again. I also happen to be feeling good about everyone today) ... however, students should know, not responding to the assignment given usually receives an failing grade.

Thanks for your patience. I hope to see you at the Portfolio Workshop on Monday, May 24, 2010, 10-2 in A-232, and if you can't make it, please call me and email me drafts to review.

Email portfolios to: COASabirEnglish1A@gmail.com
In the subject line write: STUDENT NAME Portfolio English 1A (8-9 or 9-10) SPR 2010 Class Code ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home