Monday, October 21, 2013

Essay 2

Many students did not see me regarding the revisions of Essay 1. Just going back and forth with email does not work, esp. if you have submitted your essay incorrectly, resubmitted it and it is still incorrect. For Essay 2 I do not expect the same level of writing as with Essay 1.

Last week we reviewed essays in class Thursday. I also read student thesis sentences for this essay. I still want to see the IPS, outlines and thesis sentences before you submit the final drafts for Essay 2.  If you were absent last week and did not review your essay with me. I am free tomorrow at 9-9:50 AM in A-205. Each student can have 10-15 minutes.

There should be a visual improvement in the writing. If you have not spoken to me about your errors in Essay 1, do so before submitting essay 2. Some students need tutors.

There is no excuse for errors in MLA for an essay, yet students are not following the guidelines in Hacker. There are specific guidelines and also examples. Look in the index and find the references (I have posted them here and written the pages on the board).

Also, each essay is to use citations. Essays are minimally 3 pages without the works cited page. There should be one citation per page. Essays should not be longer than 5 pages, this does not include the citation page(s).

If there are questions, ask them. When you submit your essays make certain it is your best work. You might not have an opportunity to revise. Revisions are my grace to you. I do not have to accept revisions, especially when I spread the writing process over a week with comments. What you turn in should be perfect, as you have an opportunity to get feedback in class from peer reviewers and me, if you ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home