Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Today we completed the second Multiple Choice Exam. Students are to bring in the MCE 1 results--a narrative emailed to me about 13 weeks ago. Tomorrow we will spend about 10 minutes composing a reflection comparing the two results with a plan. Students who scored in the high 40s were applauded. Several told me they'd like an A in the course as a grand prize (smile). I told the three students in the 11-11:50 a.m. class to see me. We might be able to arrange that (smile).

Homework was to write a fast draft of the SE essay. We will share introductory paragraphs and concluding paragraphs, outlines and MLA for sources (5). Students who missed the exam can make it up tomorrow from 9-9:40 a.m. Another option is 12-12:40 p.m. (A-202).

Monday we will have a proper peer review. Peers will read the introduction again, topic sentences and the conclusion to measure the essays coherence and organization. If any student wants me to read their Social Entrepreneur essay prior to its submission with the portfolio which is due Dec.14-18 at 12 noon, I will make myself available finals week on Monday, Dec. 10 from 9-12 and 1-3.

The plan is to be in A-202; I will confirm this. I can also look at essays next week during my regular office hours.

I will give students a Portfolio Checklist on Monday and we will work on Portfolio Essays perhaps on Tuesday-Wednesday. You will not be able to complete the essays, but you can start them.

When you get your graded essays back from me, start your revisions. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get the paper right. Make sure you understand my comments and marks before leaving class. If you get stuck, I can pull it up on my computer and go over it with you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home