Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Cyber-Assignment Self-Reflections and Audience Feedback

9-9:50 a.m. class:

Your presentations were impressive. Students were well rehersed and knew their topics. Bravo! If you did not include the title of the book or the author's name in the abstract, revise it before you post it with your self-reflection. These documents will be a part of your BRE Portfolio.

Using the checklist I provided today in class, posted yesterday on the blog, respond to each student presentation today.

In a separate post here, reflect on your own presentation and what worked well for you and what you might sharpen before the next presentation. Post your abstract at the end of the reflection. If you need to continue the post because of word length, do so.

This is tonight's homework, along with bringing in 3-5 copies of your Book Report Essay for a writing workshop. This is another opportunity to get a multiple voice response to the essay. I will read 5-7 essays, so if you would like to be one of the five student papers I comment on in class aloud, bring an extra copy for me.

Also, for students who would like me to make copies, send me the essay with IPS and outline by 3 p.m. today and I will print copies for you for tomorrow morning.

I am trying to get through the essays so that I can let students know their current grade. For students who have missed 8 meetings, you should drop the class. I am not reading any late essays. If you received a grade lower than a C, you have to revise the essay. I have until May 3 to drop students. You can no longer drop yourself. Look for an email from me between today and tomorrow with your progress report. If you have time to talk after class today of tomorrow, we can do this face to face.

I am going to let students throw away an essay, however, such students will not get an A in the class. The most you will earn is a C. I am speaking of Rubin. You can toss Rubin and still pass the class, but the BRE and the SE essays and the portfolio essays have to be above average.

We will take the second Multiple Choice Exam next week. It's a grammar exam. We will also talk more about MLA. Students are still not citing correctly in-text and for some reason, the headings are not uniform. If you revise an essay, include with the revision a detailed Revision Goals Plan. You don't get a chance to revise essays twice. So pay attention to the details. Students are turning in essays with misspelled words, missing words--simple errors a good read aloud should catch. Also students are not using the Writing Center.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home